Our Vegan Keto Caulitatoes look exactly like mashed potatoes! And you’d be totally forgiven for making that assumption. Identical! Did you ever, in your wildest dreams, think the cauliflower was such a versatile veggie?
But they don’t taste like mash. Once you transform your cauliflower into this delightful dish, you’ll be able to taste the unique, rich flavor of “mashed cauli”. In fact, cauliflower changes in taste, depending on how it’s prepared. Raw, steamed, mashed, roasted, each method produces a different flavor!
This recipe uses almond milk but you can use double thick coconut cream if you prefer. But the almond milk is more subtle, flavor-wise. Order almond milk online, here.
Vegan Keto Caultitatoes – The Mash-Up
Here are 5 reasons why Cauliflower is the King of Vegan Keto cooking:
- Cauliflower is an excellent substitute for rice and potatoes.
- 100g of cauli contains 46mg of vitamin C. That’s around 75% of the RDV (recommended daily value).
- The list of health benefits is a long one. Cauliflower’s health benefits include reducing the risk of diseases like diabetes, cancer, heart disease, and obesity.
- Cauliflower boosts immunity, reduces cholesterol, supports eye and brain function, and strengthens the skeleton.
- Cauliflower comes in purple, green, and orange too! And each color adds extra oomph. The purple hybrid is higher in antioxidants, the orange in beta carotene, and the green in chlorophyll. It’s win, win, and win again with cauliflower on keto.
How easy is it to make Vegan Keto Caulitatoes?
As easy as pie..? Pie is not that easy to make so that’s an odd saying really. But it’s easy to eat! 🤣😁. But seriously, this is a quick, simple dish. Perfect for those days where the last thing you feel like doing after a day’s work is slaving away in the kitchen to feed the fam.
Will this recipe break the vegan keto bank?
Absolutely not! Not only are our vegan keto caulitatoes low in calories it’s also low cost. This is yet another keto veg dish that ticks every single box. Cauliflower Power!
Vegan Keto Caulitatoes Hero Ingredient
I’m going to be really predictable here….and go with (drum roll, please..) Cauliflower!
One thing you may not know is that cauliflower is not the easiest veg to grow. It’s quite sensitive to extreme temperatures (both hot and cold), preferring cool temps. It’s loved by insects. And it needs 6 hours of sunlight every day.
Cauliflower is part of the cabbage family. So all the other greens and veggies in this family are keto-friendly and nutrient-dense. The other cabbage patch kids are:
- Mustard greens
- Bok Choy
- And more.
They are all known as cruciferous vegetables from the family Brassicaceae.
- Food processor
- Deep base serving dish
- Pot to cook them in
Happy and healthy. Any dish that is so fast to prepare, and so healthy, has to leave one feeling quite cheerful! More me time!
Thanks for checking out our Vegan Keto Caulitatoes…
For more awesome vegan keto recipes, go here. And to find out all about the vegan keto way of eating, read our blog posts, here. And to get some more ideas on cooking with cauliflower read our article “8 Low Carb Vegan Cauliflower Recipes”. Find it here.Print
- 1 head cauliflower
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1–2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heaped tablespoons of fresh, chopped thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil water in a large pot. Cut cauliflower into florets. Cook until soft. (5 minutes) Longer than that destroys nutrients.
- Drain water and place florets on a towel to dry.
- Add cauliflower, almond milk, 3 tbsp olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Puree for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Check inside and scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Transfer mashed cauliflower to a deep base serving dish. Serve with olive oil and sprigs of thyme.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: vegan keto