Sometimes You Can Be Bad AND Feel Good 😉
You are very welcome my Kind & Keto friend. Decadence, opulence and amazing antioxidants, this gluten-free low-carb vegan keto guilt-free pleasure is yours for the baking👩🏼🍳 Hooray for delicious dark chocolate and kickass coffee, coconut and cacao! You can have your vegan keto chocolate coffee cake and eat it too 🙌
Origins Of Chocolate Cake Obsession
The love of chocolate is seeped deeply in our history…therefore, the addiction is not our fault – it’s genetic! Thousands of years ago the cacao was so significant in value that it was used as trade currency, awarded to warriors post-battle, and served at extravagant royal feasts.
In Aztec culture the cacao bean was considered more valuable than gold. The most infamous chocolate-lover of them all was Montezuma II. The mighty Aztec ruler apparently drank gallons of chocolate per day for energy and as an aphrodisiac!
How Easy Is It To Make This Recipe?
We love the rustic simplicity of this coffee chocolate dream. You don’t need to be an expert vegan baker to make the perfecto cake; but do take particular care to melt your chocolate to perfection…it’s all about the cocoa after all.
Will This Recipe Break The Vegan Keto Bank?
This is an inexpensive cake to make from scratch and goes quite a long way. With modest portions you should get 10-12 slices out of it. None will go to waste we can assure you of that! Spare no expense on the chocolate for melting.
A very good quality chocolate here will make the melting process easier and 10X the flavor and consistency!
Vegan Keto Secret Tip
Melting and tempering chocolate can be a bit tricky and requires your best buddha-esque patience. Take your time and melt your choc very gently using a lightly simmering pot of water with a bowl over the top – ensure the bowl never touches the water and the choc is stirred gently as it melts.
Our hot tip?
Break your chocolate into uniform-sized pieces into the bowl so that they melt more evenly…genius!
You need two mixing bowls, a pot for simmering water, a cake tin/mold and a food processor for the frosting.
This gorgeous go-to vegan keto chocolate cake is for an indulgent mood. Perfect for celebrations, or when you just feel like treating yourself and that special someone to pure love on a plate.
You are very welcome my Kind & Keto friend. Decadence, opulence and amazing antioxidants, this nutrition packed guilt-free pleasure is yours for the baking. Hooray for delicious dark chocolate and kickass coffee, coconut and cacao! You can have your vegan keto chocolate cake and eat it too.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax1 cup unsweetened dark chocolate, melted
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee, chilled
- 2 tsp stevia powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder1 tsp baking soda1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled
- 1/2 tsp stevia powder
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp coffee grounds
- Fresh Berries
- Preheat the oven 175C/356F.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients (coconut and almond flour, flaxseed, stevia, baking powder and soda, salt).
- Add the liquid ingredients (melted chocolate, coconut milk, coffee, coconut oil, lemon juice) and whisk to obtain a batter.
- Line a cake pan with parchment paper and transfer the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove from the pan and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting.
- Add the frosting ingredients into a food processor and pulse to obtain a creamy mixture.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cake, decorate with fresh berries and serve.
- Category: Desserts
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 27.9
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 9.8
Keywords: Chocolate vegan keto cake low-carb paleo ketotarian
Did you find this post useful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Vegan Keto Recipes Board on Pinterest 💁♀️