Egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, low carb…doesn’t sound like a pancake does it? Your eyes do not deceive you… delightfully delish, light, fluffy, funky, flavorsome, gut-loving vegan keto cranberry pancakes are a thing. Pancake day is saved!
Low-Carb Gluten-Free Pancakes Recipe
If You Not Eating Pancakes You’re Not Living
Pancake Recipe Origins
You’re not going to believe this…but the pancake may have begun over 30,000 years ago in the Stone Age. Whaaaat?
When Otzi the Iceman’s remains were discovered in the Italian Alps in 1991, researchers set to work to determine what the Neolithic ate. His last meal included ground einkorn wheat, presumably mixed with water and cooked in the form of a pancake over an open fire. Wow.
Pancake-loving Otzi walked the Earth during the Copper Age. That’s before the Egyptian pyramids and Stonehenge.
How Easy Are These Vegan Keto Pancakes To Make?
Well, if Otzi the iceman can do it….haha. Once you’ve created your gorgeous Kind & Keto batter, it’s a matter of frying and flipping!
Will This Recipe Break The Bank?
Berries can be a little on the costly side; but it’s a small price to pay to start the day in this most wonderful way! You can use whatever frozen or seasonal berries you please. 🙂 These vegan keto cranberry pancakes are delightfully filling so a little bit of batter goes a long way.
Vegan Keto Secret Tip
Get creative with your vegan pancakes! There are a bunch of cool things you can add to the mix to jazz up your stack. Try a dash of cacao, or a pinch of ground chilli! Carrot cake pancakes will rock your world…finely grated carrot, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg & vanilla bean….yes, please. Or try our peanut butter and almond flour gluten-free pancakes
You need a large bowl, a whisk, and a good non-stick pan.
When you’re in a rawesome mood, stacks on!! Tickle that inner child, power up vegan keto pancake style, and get ready for a flipping amazing day.
If You Liked This Recipe
Try these other tasty vegan keto breakfast recipes.Print
Egg free, dairy free, low carb…doesn’t sound like a pancake does it? Your eyes do not deceive you…these delightfully delish, light, fluffy, funky, flavorsome, gut-loving vegan keto cranberry pancakes are a thing. Pancake day is saved!
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp golden flaxseed, ground
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp stevia powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries, left at room temperature for 30 mins, to defrost
- Coconut oil, for frying
- Pinch of salt
- To serve: Dairy free yogurt, berries, fresh mint, optional a low glycemic syrup of choice
- Preheat the oven to 60C/140F.
- In a large bowl or into a blender, mix the coconut and almond flour with the hemp hearts, cornstarch, almond butter, flaxseed, poppy seed, stevia and baking powder.
- Gradually add the almond milk, whisking continuously, to create a batter.
- Add the cranberries and whisk carefully, to combine.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the butter into the skillet, and cook for two minutes.
- Flip over and cook for two more minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the pan, transfer onto a plate and keep warm in the oven.
- Continue the same with the rest of the batter.
- Divide into serving plates, top with fresh berries, yogurt and fresh mint, and serve warm.
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 8.8
- Carbohydrates: 4.1
- Protein: 4.5
Keywords: vegan keto pancakes, low-carb pancakes, dairy-free pancakes
Did you find this post useful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Vegan Keto Recipes Board on Pinterest 💁♀️