Egg free, dairy free, gluten-free, low carb…doesn’t sound like a pancake does it? Your eyes do not deceive you… delightfully delish, light, fluffy, funky, flavorsome, gut-loving vegan keto cranberry pancakes are a thing. Pancake day is saved!
Low-Carb Gluten Free Pancakes Recipe
If You Not Eating Pancakes You’re Not Living
Pancake Recipe Origins
You’re not going to believe this…but the pancake may have begun over 30,000 years ago in the Stone Age. Whaaaat?
When Otzi the Iceman’s remains were discovered in the Italian Alps in 1991, researchers set to work to determine what the Neolithic ate. His last meal included ground einkorn wheat, presumably mixed with water and cooked in the form of a pancake over an open fire. Wow.
Pancake-loving Otzi walked the Earth during the Copper Age. That’s before the Egyptian pyramids and Stonehenge.
How Easy Are These Vegan Keto Pancakes To Make?
Well, if Otzi the iceman can do it….haha. Once you’ve created your gorgeous Kind & Keto batter, it’s a matter of frying and flipping!
Will This Recipe Break The Bank?
Berries can be a little on the costly side; but it’s a small price to pay to start the day in this most wonderful way! You can use whatever frozen or seasonal berries you please. 🙂 These vegan keto pancakes are delightfully filling so a little bit of batter goes a long way.
Vegan Keto Secret Tip
Get creative with your vegan pancakes! There are a bunch of cool things you can add to the mix to jazz up your stack. Try a dash of cacao, or a pinch of ground chilli! Carrot cake pancakes will rock your world…finely grated carrot, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg & vanilla bean….yes please.
You need a large bowl, a whisk and a good non-stick pan.
When you’re in a rawesome mood, stacks on!! Tickle that inner child, power up vegan keto pancake style and get ready for a flipping amazing day.Print
Egg free, dairy free, low carb…doesn’t sound like a pancake does it? Your eyes do not deceive you…these delightfully delish, light, fluffy, funky, flavorsome, gut-loving vegan keto cranberry pancakes are a thing. Pancake day is saved!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp cup golden flaxseed, ground
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp stevia powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries, left at room temperature for 30 mins, to defrost
- Coconut oil, for frying
- Pinch of salt
- Dairy free yogurt, berries, fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 60C/140F.
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut and almond flour with the hemp hearts, flaxseed, poppy seed, stevia and baking powder.
- Gradually add the almond milk, whisking continuously, to create a batter.
- Add the cranberries and whisk carefully, to combine.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the butter into the skillet, and cook for two minutes.
- Flip over and cook for two more minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the pan, transfer onto a plate and keep warm in the oven.
- Continue the same with the rest of the batter.
- Divide into serving plates, top with fresh berries, yogurt and fresh mint, and serve warm.
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 8.8
- Carbohydrates: 4.1
- Protein: 4.5
Keywords: vegan keto pancakes low carb dairy free
Did you find this post useful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Vegan Keto Recipes Board on Pinterest 💁♀️