- 1 cup bite-size soft tofu
- 1 ½ cups crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp grated garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- seeds from 5 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp salt
- Place a large frying pan with oil on medium heat. Add onions and cook until golden. Season with salt.
- Add garlic and ginger. Stir and add all spices.
- Add crushed tomatoes and water.
- Reduce heat and simmer until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat and cool down.
- Blend sauce in a food processor for 2 minutes. Or use a hand blender.
- Place the pan on heat again, add sauce, and tofu. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, add coconut cream and almond butter.
- Cover and allow flavors to infuse.
- Allow to cool, but not completely. And then reheat.
- Serve hot with sambals and cauliflower rice.
- Category: Dinner