These coconut battered, gluten-free, cauliflower buffalo wings pack a serious flavor punch ☄️
Vegan cauliflower buffalo wings that are keto friendy?
You’ll be the talk of vegan village at the keto cocktail party with these scrumptious taste-bud hugging morsels. Or you could always keep them all to yourself and curl up for a Netflix binge.
Nom nom nom.
Equal parts fun, messy and easier to make than you might think…these drool-worthy cauliflower buffalo wings actually do taste as good as they look. Ah get in mah belly.
Curious about the cauliflower? Of course you are…let me help.
Interestingly, this cloud-like member of the cole family originated from the delish DNA of the wild cabbage. Derived from the italian word cavolfiore, meaning “cabbage flower” they were first described in writings dated in the first Century AD; but didn’t commonly appear on the dinner table until the 1640’s.
Relatives of the cauliflower include broccoli, brussels sprouts, collard greens and kale. They make a great low carb keto rice, they come in four different colours, and a single floret contains 10% of your daily Vitamin C needs. Perhaps the most curious fact of all…the cauliflower is surprisingly difficult to grow.
How Easy Is This Recipe To Make?
In the world of amazingly tasty finger-licking keto finger foods, our vegan cauliflower buffalo wings are a cinch really, and quite messy and fun to prepare. Give yourself plenty of cooking time as the oven has a bit of work to do, while you get on with other things…like…being awesome.
Will It Break The Vegan Keto Bank?
Cauliflower isn’t the cheapest of the cole family foods at about twice the price typically of its green brother the broccoli. That being said, it’s a filling and flavorsome snack that you don’t need much of, particularly as an appetizer. If you’re feeding an army of ravenous kind ketonians, you might want to throw a few lower-priced veggies in the mix using the same batter and beautiful buffalo spice crust.
Vegan Keto Secret Tip
The cauliflower stem makes a cracking slaw! Why waste the stunning delicate flavor of the cauliflower stalk?
Just peel off the fibrous outer layer around the central ‘marrow’ like you would peel a carrot, and grate or shred the stalk for a tasty fresh textured salad extra.
You can also trim the leaves off their stem and soften them like you would cabbage.
Raw leaves will keep for up to a week in the fridge loosely wrapped.
You just need bowls for your batter and tangy tomato sauce!
And if you have as much fun cooking this dish as you should…you’ll need an apron, a mop and a cloth.
A playful finger food for the vibrant vegan keto in a messy mood! Perfect canape style cooking or appetizer when you’re entertaining.Print
You’ll be the talk of vegan village at the keto cocktail party with these scrumptious taste-bud hugging Vegan Keto Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Wing poppers. Or you could always keep them all to yourself and curl up for a Netflix binge.
- 1 medium cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 shallot, grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp salt1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Dairy-free yogurt, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350 F and line a shallow baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour with the grated shallot, garlic powder and salt, then gradually add the almond milk, stirring continuously to obtain a batter.
- Add the cauliflower florets into the bowl and mix to coat evenly.
- Line the florets into a single layer onto the lined baking tray, and bake for 30 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomato sauce with coconut oil into a bowl and set aside.
- Remove baking tray from the oven, and drizzle the tomato sauce over the florets, then massage each floret with your hands to coat evenly in tomato sauce.
- Bake for a further 15 minutes, then remove from the oven, garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot, with dairy-free yogurt.
- Category: Snacks
- Serving Size: 3
- Calories: 119
- Fat: 5.3
- Carbohydrates: 7.9
- Protein: 5.5
Keywords: vegan keto buffalo cauliflower wings
Did you find this post useful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Vegan Keto Recipes Board on Pinterest 💁♀️