I’m sure you’ve heard of vegan keto pizza with a cauliflower base before. Well, this cauliflower pizza is one of our favorites here at Kind and Keto.
Cauliflower pizza is an established menu item on Vegan Keto menu boards these days. The humble cauliflower is now Royalty. Finally, she gets to bask in the glory of her potent nutritional value. Overlooked and undervalued for years and years, the cauliflower has finally been given the credit she deserves.
Cauliflower Pizza Glory Days
I will never stop shouting the joys of this cruciferous contender! As a self-confessed pizza addict, I could not see a life without pizza, smothered in cheese and baked till crispy, on a thin base with all my favo toppings.
Not only is our cauliflower pizza keto-friendly, it is also vegan. Cauliflower is loaded with phytonutrients that actually become more available to our bodies once cooked!
As far as nutrition goes, we were taught that cooking destroys all the goodness from fresh vegetables. But we know now that wasn’t altogether true. Yes, in some cases light cooking will destroy delicate water-soluble vitamins. And boiling anything to death is going to leave a gross taste in one’s mouth!
Grilling, steaming, baking, air frying, and even OnePot cooking is actually a great way to keep nutrients in. And we also now know that antioxidants don’t get destroyed by heat so when we munch down on our cauliflower pizza base (decked with ample toppings of our choice) we are getting the yum with full benefits.
Cauliflower Pizza Hero Ingredient
We are going with Vegan Cheese for this hero Ingredient. Our cauliflower pizza is smothered with Vegan Cheddar Style Cheese. In a previous vegan keto pizza recipe, which you can find here, we used cashew nut cheese.
But this vegan cheddar cheese is absolutely awesome. And it comes already shredded.
How Easy Is It To Make?
Our Vegan Keto Cauliflower Crust Pizza with Vegan Cheddar is pretty darn simple to make. You don’t even have to grate the cheddar if you buy the shredded variety!
Will It Break The Vegan Keto Bank?
Although this is not an expensive dish to make, it might seem a bit extravagant towards the end of the month! But with good budgeting skills and planning, almost all meals on the vegan keto diet are quite affordable.
- Pizza tray
- Food Processor
- Microwave (optional). You can also just use the stovetop to heat the cauliflower through before patting dry.
- Mixing bowl
- Chopping board
Pizza for dinner feels like the weekend. So the mood would have to be casual, laid-back, and ready to relax – with a keto-approved sundowner, like a whiskey on the rocks or a whiskey and soda.Print
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of water
- 1 pack vegan cheddar style cheese (200 g)
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup mushrooms
- ⅓ cup bell pepper
- 1 bunch of arugula
- Preheat the oven to 430℉ / 220℃.
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces and blend into rice in the food processor. Microwave for 3-5 minutes, drain well using a paper towel.
- Add cauliflower, almond flour, salt, oil, psyllium husk, and lukewarm water into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all with hands and leave for 10 minutes to absorb extra water.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the dough to the center of parchment paper and use a spatula to press it into a thin circle.
- Prebake for 40 minutes.
- Spread tomato sauce, ⅓ of cheese, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms. Cover with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes. Season with fresh arugula and serve!
- Category: Dinner