Vegan keto creamed spinach is one of those dishes that have to be included in our vegan keto meal plans. And often! Remember Popeye? Not so bright but super strong, sailor cap, bulging muscles, smoked a wooden pipe? He ate cans of the stuff. But it wasn’t vegan keto!
Traditionally, this dish would be dairy, keto, gluten-free, suited for diabetics and all the other good eating plans out there. Spinach is a wonder veg, no doubt! Why? I’ll tell ya!
Vegan Keto Creamed Spinach: The Unsung Hero
Spinach is one of the most amazing greens. People always say eat spinach for the iron content but the iron in spinach is not that easily accessible. To get full benefits of our vegan keto creamed spinach, always try to eat tomatoes with spinach, raw or cooked. It makes certain nutrients in the spinach more available.
So why is spinach so super?
- Loaded with vitamin A, C, K, magnesium, manganese, fiber, iron, a protein called osteocalcin, potassium, zeaxanthin, lutein, chlorophyll, folate, nitrite, and more.
- These phytochemicals and compounds assist with eye health, bone health, and heart health.
- Eating vegan keto creamed spinach regularly may boost the immune system.
- The nutrients in spinach contribute to healthy hair and skin because they are regenerative.
How easy is this recipe to make?
Will it break the vegan keto bank?
What do you think? Cheap, cheap, cheap. You can buy organic fresh spinach at most farmer’s markets and whole food stores. Even better – Grow your own. If you live in a city or an apartment you can still grow your own spinach in a container.
And by adding this recipe as a side dish you will be getting extra fiber. Always a bonus!
- Frying Pan
- Serving bowl
- Serving spoon
Vegan Keto Creamed Spinach Hero Ingredient
Besides the obvious hero here…the spinach. I want to honor the very versatile and convenient canned coconut cream. We could not eat vegan keto without this handy addition. It is the perfect dairy substitute. Very affordable if you buy the commercial brands. The downside is some of them contain additives and thickeners. So read your labels! This brand contains only coconuts, water, and guar gum.
If you are strict and eat clean there are organic brands available. But they do cost a slight bit more.
Fighting fit and full of fun. Spinach green juice on the run.
Thanks for being here….Print
- 2 –3 cups of spinach
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Place a large frying pan with 1 tbsp oil on medium heat. Cook spinach until dark. Remove to the bowl.
- Heat rest of oil in a pan on a medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until golden.
- Add almond milk, nutmeg, coconut cream, nutritional yeast and salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir until mix well.
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: vegan keto