Are you dreaming of a plant-based, low-carb lasagna that’s Keto? Dream no more! We present to you the Vegan Keto eggplant lasagna -chockablock full of goodness that will appease your taste buds and delight your tummy.
The Origin of this Recipe
Based on the layering style of traditional Italian lasagna, this recipe allows you to enjoy the flavors of tomato and basil layered between slices of baked eggplant that has been covered in dairy-free mozzarella cheese and baked to perfection.
Just because you have chosen to follow a cruelty-free diet doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the international flavors of some of the world’s favorite traditional dishes. Encapsulating everything that traditional lasagna embodies, this recipe offers the tang of tomato and the aroma of basil and garlic mixed with the creamy smoothness of baked eggplant.
Discovering a recipe like this is tantamount to rediscovering everything that is tasty, wholesome and cruelty-free in this world. Sit back and enjoy…
How Easy Is This Recipe To Make?
This vegan keto eggplant recipe is no more complicated than layering deliciously wholesome ingredients into a pan. Once that is done you can stand back and savor the aroma as it bakes in the oven.
Will It Break The Vegan Keto Bank?
Full of rich Italian flavors, this eggplant lasagna will take you on a trip around the world at a fraction of the price of traveling there.
Vegan Keto Secret Ingredient
The Vegan Keto Secret Ingredient in this recipe is Daiya Dairy-free Cheese Shreds. I love this ingredient because even die-hard dairy fans would be challenged to identify it as being vegan. Pile it high. Melt it to bubbly perfection. Re-create all your favorite recipes and dishes to absolute faultlessness. With GOOD PLANeT you’ll be getting the best of all worlds in every bite.
Food processor, baking sheet, baking pan, bowl, large plate, pan
If you are in the mood for something international for dinner but you want to eat in – because when home-cooked is this delicious who needs to leave the house? – you can replicate the flavors of Italy with this tasty Vegan Keto Eggplant Lasagna.
Does this recipe work with my diet?
As illustrated in the chart below, this vegan keto eggplant lasagna recipe also works with Pegan, Paleo, PCOS, Ketotarian, Diabetic, and both gluten-free and dairy-free diets. Whole 30 folks, you could leave out the erythritol and enjoy! Unfortunately, eggplant is a no-no for AIP peeps and that is the main ingredient in this recipe. Keto & LCHF folks can definitely give this meat-free, dairy-free lasagna a try – it has all the flavors and textures of traditional lasagna with none of the guilt.
If You Liked This Recipe
Try these other tasty vegan keto dinner recipes.Print
Are you dreaming of a plant-based, low-carb lasagna? Dream no more! We present to you the Vegan Keto eggplant lasagna -chockablock full of goodness that will appease your taste buds and delight your tummy.
- 3 Eggplants, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup Dairy Free Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp erythritol
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4–6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Parmesan
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp flax seeds, roughly ground
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the parmesan ingredients (except almond milk) into the food processor and pulse two or three times.
- Transfer the parmesan onto a large plate, and add the almond milk into a bowl.
- Dip each eggplant slice into almond milk, then place onto the parmesan and coat evenly on each side.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer onto the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
- Heat the avocado oil into a pan, add the garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato puree, water, erythritol, apple cider vinegar, salt and basil, and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then set aside.
- Remove the baked eggplant and start assembling the lasagna.
- Add 2 tbsp sauce on the bottom of a 9×13′ baking pan, then make layers of eggplant slices and grated vegan mozzarella, bathing each layer in tomato sauce.
- Add some grated mozzarella on top, then bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, divide into bowls and serve warm.
- Category: dinner
Keywords: vegan keto meals, vegan gluten-free lasagna, dairy-free lasagna, keto lasagna