Are you dreaming of a plant-based, low-carb lasagna? Dream no more! We present to you the Vegan Keto eggplant lasagna -chockablock full of goodness that will appease your taste buds and delight your tummy.
- 3 Eggplants, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup Dairy Free Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp erythritol
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4–6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Parmesan
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp flax seeds, roughly ground
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the parmesan ingredients (except almond milk) into the food processor and pulse two or three times.
- Transfer the parmesan onto a large plate, and add the almond milk into a bowl.
- Dip each eggplant slice into almond milk, then place onto the parmesan and coat evenly on each side.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer onto the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
- Heat the avocado oil into a pan, add the garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato puree, water, erythritol, apple cider vinegar, salt and basil, and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then set aside.
- Remove the baked eggplant and start assembling the lasagna.
- Add 2 tbsp sauce on the bottom of a 9×13′ baking pan, then make layers of eggplant slices and grated vegan mozzarella, bathing each layer in tomato sauce.
- Add some grated mozzarella on top, then bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, divide into bowls and serve warm.
- Category: dinner
Keywords: vegan keto meals, vegan gluten-free lasagna, dairy-free lasagna, keto lasagna