- Vegan Pesto
- A bunch of basil
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 medium zucchini
- 4 tbsp vegan pesto
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp pine nuts
- Few basil leaves
- Place basil, olive oil (for pesto), nutritional yeast, lemon juice, pine nuts, salt, and garlic into a food processor. Blend until smooth texture. 1-2 minutes.
- Cut ends off zucchini and cut into “noodles” using vegetable spiralizer or peeler.
- Transfer zucchini into a large bowl, add salt. In 2 minutes wring out the liquid.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or a frying pan. Add the zucchini and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the pesto and mix well. Continue cooking 2 more minutes for “al dente” or more till soft.
- Serve with pine nuts and fresh basil leaves.
- Category: Dinner