Tempeh Vegan Thai Green Curry Recipe
Curry Some Favor With The Fam Bam And Make This Winning Recipe. A Vegan Keto Thai Green Curry like NO other.
This vegan keto Thai green curry is made with tempeh, it’s rich and creamy with coconut and aromatic seasonings. We have used tempeh to provide a vegan keto dose of plant-based protein, which makes a perfect vegan meaty alternative to absorb all the deliciousness from the oh, so very kind & keto curry sauce!
A traditional Thai dish, green curry takes its name from the use of green chilis added to the sauce base.
Our vegan keto adaptation is every bit as nutrient-packed as the original, loaded with anti-inflammatory plant-based herbs, spices, and flavors.
How Easy Is This Recipe To Make?
Once you have prepared the separate components, this dish comes together really easily with the curry paste providing a real Kind & Keto kick.
Will This Recipe Break The Vegan Keto Bank?
The recipe calls for some classic vegan keto store cupboard staples as well as some inexpensive vegetables. The protein comes from Tempeh. Opt for a good quality organic option when possible.
Vegan Keto Secret Tip
Preparing the Thai curry paste in advance will save you on cooking time and this can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container. You can also easily prepare batches of cauliflower rice and keep these in the freezer, ready to be added to your curry whenever you so desire.
A good quality food processor is needed to blend your Thai curry paste. You will also need a large saucepan or dutch oven for cooking the curry.
This is the perfect meal to spice up the mid-week mealtime routine.
If you like this recipe
Try these mouthwatering vegan keto dinners
- Beyond Amazing Vegan Keto Mushroom Burger
- Mexican Keto Vegan Chili With Lupini Beans
- Vegan Keto Thai Coconut Curry
This vegan keto tempeh Thai green curry is rich and creamy with coconut and aromatic seasonings. We have used tempeh to provide a vegan keto dose of plant-based protein, which makes a perfect vegan meaty alternative to absorb all the deliciousness from the oh, so very kind & keto curry sauce!
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 cup of tempeh, diced1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of vegetable stock1 cup of baby spinach
- 1/2 green chilli, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
- Juice of half lime
- Optional to serve: 1 cup of cauliflower rice, cooked
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a Dutch oven over a medium heat.
- Add the diced tempeh and fry for 6-8 minutes until golden brown all over.
- Set aside.
- Whilst the tempeh is cooking you can prepare the curry paste.
- Add the ginger, garlic, Chili, cumin, lime juice, remaining coconut oil, cilantro and 2 tablespoons of coconut milk to a food processor.
- Blend to form a chunky paste.
- Add the paste to the Dutch oven over a low/medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes until fragrant, stirring often.
- Add the coconut milk and stock to the pan and bring to a boil. Stir well and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Return the tempeh to the pan along with the sliced mushrooms for 5-6 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked and the tempeh is hot through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the spinach until just wilted. Scatter with scallions and extra cilantro and serve alongside cauliflower rice.
- Category: Dinner
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 423
- Fat: 36
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Protein: 16
Keywords: vegan keto dinners, thai curry tempeh