This vegan keto tempeh Thai green curry is rich and creamy with coconut and aromatic seasonings. We have used tempeh to provide a vegan keto dose of plant-based protein, which makes a perfect vegan meaty alternative to absorb all the deliciousness from the oh, so very kind & keto curry sauce!
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 cup of tempeh, diced1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of vegetable stock1 cup of baby spinach
- 1/2 green chilli, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
- Juice of half lime
- Optional to serve: 1 cup of cauliflower rice, cooked
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a Dutch oven over a medium heat.
- Add the diced tempeh and fry for 6-8 minutes until golden brown all over.
- Set aside.
- Whilst the tempeh is cooking you can prepare the curry paste.
- Add the ginger, garlic, Chili, cumin, lime juice, remaining coconut oil, cilantro and 2 tablespoons of coconut milk to a food processor.
- Blend to form a chunky paste.
- Add the paste to the Dutch oven over a low/medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes until fragrant, stirring often.
- Add the coconut milk and stock to the pan and bring to a boil. Stir well and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Return the tempeh to the pan along with the sliced mushrooms for 5-6 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked and the tempeh is hot through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the spinach until just wilted. Scatter with scallions and extra cilantro and serve alongside cauliflower rice.
- Category: Dinner
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 423
- Fat: 36
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Protein: 16
Keywords: vegan keto dinners thai curry tempeh