Whoever thought carrots would make a great ingredient in a cake was not a Looney Tune!
We have all been surprised, at some stage during our lives, to discover that carrot cake is surprisingly delicious, and this Vegan Low Carb Carrot Cake is no exception.
Who says that we can’t have our cake and it? Sometimes cake is frowned upon as an unhealthy indulgence and the ultimate cheat food, but when a cake has the wholesome ingredients of the Vegan Low Carb Carrot Cake you will be forgiven for going back for that second slice.
We didn’t choose an easy road when we chose to follow a healthy diet; mainstream shopping and food prep just won’t cut it anymore. This does not mean that we have to sit in a corner munching bland and boring food. No way! With a little imagination we can create dishes that are just as delicious as, and way healthier than, their conventional counterparts.
Choosing to eat healthy, whole foods is not a life sentence to never enjoying decadent food again, and the Vegan Keto Carrot Cake is evidence of that.
How Easy Is This Recipe To Make?
If you can remember to soak the Cashews and the Flax seeds, this recipe is a piece of cake.
Will It Break The Vegan Keto Bank?
This Vegan Low Carb Carrot Cake is rich in ingredients but the end result is well worth it – cake is an indulgence after all!
Vegan Keto Secret Ingredient
The Vegan Keto Secret Ingredient in this recipe is NOW Real Food Erythritol available on Amazon.com. I love this ingredient because it contains zero calories and has a low glycemic impact. Did you know that when you use non-GMO erythritol instead of sugar you get a sweetener that won’t cause tooth decay? Because you are what you eat, we recommend NOW Real Food; they are committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural, and organic foods. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
Large bowl, baking pan and blender
In the mood for a party? Celebrations and special occasions often mean there’s going to be cake. Just because you have chosen a healthier way of eating doesn’t mean you should go without everything that’s yummy.
Does this recipe work with my diet?
As illustrated in the chart below, this recipe works with all of the diets listed except for Whole 30 and AIP, and that is because the use of any kind of sweetener is avoided in these two diets. Should you choose to leave out the Erythritol the Vegan Keto Carrot Cake would be less sweet but just as wholesome.Print
Who says that we can’t have our cake and it? Sometimes cake is frowned upon as an unhealthy indulgence and the ultimate cheat food, but when a cake has the wholesome ingredients of the Vegan Keto Carrot Cake you will be forgiven for going back for that second slice.
- 3 Carrots, shredded
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1&1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Erythritol
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Walnuts, crushed
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tbsp Flax Seeds, soaked into water for 30 minutes
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 2 tsp Cinnamon, ground plus extra for serving
- 1 tsp Ginger, ground
For the frosting
- 1 cup Cashews soaked into water overnight
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Coconut Cream
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Erythritol
- Pinch Salt
- Preheat the oven to 175F/350F.
- Line a 9×13′ baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients – almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, spices, walnuts, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the coconut oil, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, flax seeds and carrots and mix to obtain a sticky batter.
- Transfer into the baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the frosting.
- Add the cashews into the blender with the lemon juice and coconut cream and process to obtain a cream.
- Add the coconut oil, erythritol and salt, and pulse two or three times, to incorporate.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cake into an even layer, cover with plastic foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: vegan keto, low-carb carrot cake, keto carrot cake, vegan dessert